All Courses approved for MN Residential Contractors
Select Courses approved for MN Realtors, MN Building Officials, and WI Contractors
• Classroom & Online Courses
• 25+ Courses
• 25+ Expert Instructors
• Lunch included with full-day classes
• Roseville • Maple Grove • Minneapolis
• Everyone Is Welcome – Come for Credits or Just to Learn
• Classes As Low As $14 to $16*
• Free Parking at Most Locations
*EPA Lead Initial Course & CAPS Courses are Extra
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Holiday Inn at Arbor Lakes
11801 Fountains Way N.
Maple Grove, Minnesota 55369
Peter Kulczyk, Green Code Knowledge
January 21, 2020 • Maple Grove (Holiday Inn at Arbor Lakes, 11902 Fountains Way N.)
This course is based on the existing Minnesota Residential Code and Minnesota Energy Code and will focus on administrative provisions, foundations, waterproofing, framing, water-resistive barriers, insulation materials, vapor retarders, air barriers, foam plastics, thermal barriers, cladding, roofing, deck construction, and life safety provisions. In addition, the course will address proposed changes to both codes in the upcoming code cycle in 2020.
- Better understanding of the building code process
- Clear understanding of the intent and content of the Minnesota building and energy codes
- Define the relationship between the designer, builder, and code officials
- Locate building code and energy code provisions related to the construction of a new single-family home or addition
- MN Contractor – 6 Credits – ENERGY
- MN Building Official – 6 Credits
- MN Realtor – 6 Credits
Note: This course is offered on December 16, 2019, January 21, 2020, and February 20, 2020 (only need to attend one date).
Learn more about Contractor University and our expert instructors HERE
*Cancellations received in writing on or before 8 AM the day before your class are fully refundable. No refunds will be allowed after 8 AM the day before your class. Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute cancellation. Substitutions may be made at any time for confirmed registrants before 8 AM the day before your class. Notice of substitutions must be made in writing and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.